Board games are a vanishing breed. At one point it would probably be safe to say that almost any home contained several board games that were played often. Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk and others were common pastimes.
Today, board games are much less common. Part of it can be attributed to other diversions; radio and television, role-playing games and collectible card games, video games and computers and the Internet. But, the games are still there and are still played by many people.
Here are some of the games in my collection. Some are older games and others are still produced today. I like them because of their themes, unique components or just because they are fun to play. Click on any of the titles below to find out more.
- 4000 AD - An Interstellar Conflict Game
- Airline (MPH Games) - The Game of the Jet Age
- Airline (Mulgara) - ...a World of Fun and Danger
- Airport - The Airline Game
- Amoeba Wars - Game of Galactic Conquest
- Atlantis - Escape From the Sinking Island
- Battle of Stanrey - 3D Simulation Game Dougram
- Battlestar Galactica - The Game
- Bermuda Triangle - Sinister Mystery Cloud Swallows Ships
- Billionaire - Parker Brothers' Game of Global Enterprise
- The Case of the Elusive Assassin - An Ellery Queen Mystery Game (Ideal's Famous Mystery Classics Series)
- Convoy - The Naval War Game
- Cosmic Encounter - The Science Fiction Game for Everyone
- Counter Espionage - Identify and De-Activate
- Dark Shadows - The Game
- Dark Tower - A Fantasy Adventure Born of Electronic Wizardry
- Divers Down - An Educational Experience
- Dogfight - Air Battle Game of World War I
- Dune - Relive the Legend; Fulfill the Prophecy
- Enchanted Forest - A Treasure Hunt for All the Family
- Fu Manchu's Hidden Horde - A Doctor Fu Manchu Mystery Game
- Hotels - The Dimensional Game of High Rises and High Stakes
- Kreskin's ESP - Do You Have Extra-Sensory Perception?
- Lie, Cheat & Steal - The Game of Political Power
- Lost Treasure - The Electronic Deep Sea Diving Game
- Manhunt - The Electric Computer Detective Game
- Murder on the Orient Express - A Sherlock Holmes Mystery Game (Ideal's Famous Mystery Classics Series)
- Power Barons - A Challenging Game of International Rivalry
- Prize Property - The Land Development Game
- Project CIA: The Secret Formula - A Spy Training Game
- Project KGB: The Double Agent - A Spy Training Game
- Radar Search - Strategy and International Espionage on the High Seas
- Scotland Yard - A Compelling Detective Game
- The Settlers of Catan - A Game of Discovery, Settlement and Trade
- Shadowlord! - The Ultimate Struggle for the Ultimate Prize
- Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Deduction and Suspense
- The Sherlock Holmes Game - The Game of Adventure and Deduction
- Situation 4 - Parker Brothers' Action Puzzle Game
- Situation 7 - Parker Brothers' Space Puzzle Game
- Source of the Nile - Game of African Exploration in the 19th Century
- Square Mile - Land Development Game
- Summit - The Top Level Game of Global Strategy
- Super Spy - The Electric Alarm Game
- Supremacy - The Game of the Superpowers
- Time War - A Game of Time Travel and Conflict
- Ultimate Golf - The Ultimate Game
- The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau - The Game
- Why? - Solve the Mystery of the Ghosts - Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Game
- Wide World Travel Game - Parker Brothers' Air Travel Game
29 comments on Board Games:
Are you guys interested in checking out/reviewing a seinfeld game -
In pursuit of nothing - www.inpursuitofnothing.com - we are announcing the game worldwide Monday. Please send me your mailing address right away and I will ship overnight - Thanks Torrey Martin
SUB : Verification of correct link url
Hi this is Aravind - webmaster of softwarefeast.com
Alongtime ago we both of us exchanging links with eachother, and ur link placed on here
As for a verification plz send me the correct url of our site added on your site.......
Two of my favorite boardgames were "Solar Quest" (Monopoly-like game based on planets and moons in the solar system) and "Tactics II" (a wargame using tiles)
Can someone give me info on where I can purchase the "In Pursuit of Nothing" board game? I tried EBay no luck!! I need it!!
please email me at: email@example.com
I can\'t agree with your comment that board games are a vanishing breed. This is a real spring time for board games. The number of publishers, designers and players has been steadily rising for at least a decade and some board games are even finding their way into mainstream shops like ToysRUs and Waterstones.
Have a look at this link to see some of this year\'s new releases announced at the Nuremberg game fair (keep clicking on the \'Next Page\' link to see it all):
There has never been a better time to be a board gamer (except that we tend to be spending more than ever on these marvellous new designs).
Trev8924 (at) clanfork [dot] co [dot] uk
i hate you
Is there a game like trionimos but with dots, not numbers. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have 7 3M Games to sell
Point of Law
if you interested - please offer on email@example.com. The games are in Germany nearby D?sseldorf
Simply Fun is a home party company specializing in quality games to bring people together for face to face fun. We sell games, puppets, and puzzles for children as young as two, including many award-winning family games and games for groups of adults. At our home parties, we test out the games and have a great time! Add play to your life...you'll be surprised by the results!
Board Game playing is in fact on the rise when you consider a night a the movies to cost more than planning a fun filled dame night at home.
I recommend you make use of my rapidshare search engine http://rapid4me.com . Any suggestions are welcome!
here's something new:
Where have you guys been? You state that board games are a vanishing breed even though there is a renaissance in euro/designer games. Just check the over 40 thousand reviews/free expansions/geeklists/pictures/movies/extra rules etc... on Boardgamegeek.com. Boring/long/gimmicky/party games are on their way out. Perhaps, since you can't get good games at walmart or toys'are'us, it may seem that boardgames are vanishing but it's just that you need a hobby/gaming store or go on line to find the good stuff. Some of the funnest games you might try are ticket to ride, carcassonne, citadels, memoir'44, puerto rico, race for the galaxy, agricola, twilight struggle, power grid, battlestar galactica-and the list goes on. Happy gaming!
I have a small problem
Does anyone have a copy of the Rules for Time Wars
I cant Find mine and after reading Time Riders I want to play the Game again
The Photo Copy Rules I made ages a go are so feint you cant even read them
If Someone could scan and Email them to me I would appreciate it
I have many old SPI and Avalon Hill Games to sell as well as Yaquinto Games
Contact me for more information on same email address
ck Making youalmost Famous,Office 2007 activation Key The a3F is one of the world's largest festivals of its kind. With yearly challenges for filmmakers, actors,Windows 7 Ultimate, writers,Office Enterprise 2007 activation, crew members, and the at-large arts community the has set the standard for festivals in arizona,Windows 7 Professional Product Key, Challenge. Register your team now,Office 2007!.Become almost Famous like Paul by participating.
I have three games to sell, Executive Decision, 1971, Acquire, 1976 and Lie, Cheat & Steal, 1971. If interested please send offer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Game Manufacturer
My name is Raymond from Gala Plus Printing. I visited your website and saw your board game sets. I love your board games instantly. Your games are extremely innovative and attractive, and I hope that we are able to manufacture the game board for your company. It would be our honor to be your supplier to producing these attractive gamesets.
Our Company has been producing lots of board games, puzzles and game sets for our clients in the US. Our clients include Z-Man Games, Jola Game Inc, Puzzle Unlimited, etc. Would you please take a look at our website www.galaplusint.com for more photos of our existing products. We are sincere to manufacture the game sets for you, and I hope that you could give us a chance to show our production capability for your considerations.
I look forward to receiving your replies . My email address is email@example.com
Gala Plus International Co Ltd
free ads classifieds
its fucked up
#freelance #tunisie #annonce #gratuite #webcreativite
For those who are into Alex Scarrow's TimeRiders series of books, there is a FREE "print your own" TimeRiders - The Unofficial Board Game to be had. It's in PDF format and contains everything needed to play the game.
FREE TimeRiders board game: http://www.ctlsoftware.co.uk/TimeRiders
No fees, no catches, no registration required, just a completely FREE game.
You should review King Oil. It was another great game from 1974, only to be issued once.